University of Alabama
2009 A-Day Game
April 18, 2009
Hey Football Fans! Spring practice is underway and A-Day is just around the corner. A-Day is set for April 18, 2009 with kickoff at 2:05pm CDT and televised on ESPN. For all your essential Gameday information including traffic, parking, RV parking and tailgating activities on the Quad, go to the University of Alabama’s official Gameday website, www.uagameday.com.
Here are the latest Gameday updates and reminders for A-Day:
A- DAY TRAFFIC
- Traffic and campus road closings will be handled just as it is for a regular season game, but roads will now close within the core campus area at 4 hours prior to kickoff, which will be 10:00am on gameday this weekend. This is due to the gates to the stadium now opening at 11:00am. Those with parking passes within the blocked off areas will be allowed through the blocked streets. These roads will re-open after the game at a time determined by law enforcement.
- There will be limited vehicle access around Bryant-Denny Stadium for A-Day. Click here to see the traffic map for A-Day that includes all road closings.
- Don’t forget about the four dedicated Gameday Routes traveling to Tuscaloosa for the game.
- Cottondale Route
- Route 216
- The “359 Route”
- The “McFarland Route”
- Certain campus parking lots and decks will be open to the general public for parking and will be free of charge.
- Click here to see the parking map for A-Day.
- General Public Parking is not allowed in the following areas:
- Handicap Accessible parking areas
- Reserved areas which are marked with signage or attendants
- Areas where streets are closed or restricted
- Please remember there is NO PARKING on sidewalks due to pedestrian safety.
- The shuttles for People with Disabilities will be running from Campus Drive Deck to the stadium beginning at 12:00 p.m. for A-Day.
Parking Tip for A-Day: Take advantage of free parking at Coleman Coliseum and the Soccer Lot for A-Day! We welcome you to park in these lots which are permit only during regular season games.
- Click here to see an activities map of the Quad for A-Day
- Walk of Fame Ceremony takes place at 12:15 pm at Denny Chimes.
- Please remember that set up time for tailgating on The Quad is 6:00pm to 8:00pm on Friday. The set up time for tailgating on The Quad Saturday morning will be from 8:00am to 10:00am.
- For fan safety, and to keep electricity available to those on The Quad, here are some guidelines to use when tailgating on The Quad:
- No crock pots
- No “spidering” of electrical cords
- No power strips
- No coffee pots
- No generators
- No trailers
- Here are some other reminders while visiting The Quad:
- No dumping of charcoal on The Quad
- No unauthorized vehicles on The Quad
- Please be tidy and don’t litter on The Quad
- Be sure to check out the Kickoff On The Quad activities for A-Day, whether it be activities for the kids or getting some great food from our vendor lineup along 6th Avenue (east side of the Quad).
A-DAY RV PARKING
- For A-Day, Coleman Coliseum and Public RV Lot 9 will be the designated lots for RV Parking. Coleman Coliseum RV Lot parking for A-Day is now sold out, but there are still spots available in RV Lot 9. The cost of parking in RV Lot 9 will be $75 and will include 1 tow vehicle pass. To purchase RV Parking, call Southtix at 1-800-240-2300 or visit www.southtix.com. Entry into the RV Lots will be allowed at 6pm on the Friday before A-Day. There will be no staging on campus prior to 6pm.
- Click here to see the RV parking map for A-Day.
- The Northington Lot on McFarland Blvd (behind the Bruno’s Supermarket) will not require a reservation and will be available free of charge.
- RV Parking will not be allowed in any other non-designated areas on campus.
Thank you to everyone who has sent us their suggestions & feedback. We are striving to make your gameday experience the best it can be! Keep checking www.uagameday.com for the upcoming 2009 season gameday information. Roll Tide!